The national flag of Bahrain consists of to areas: there is a white band on the left separated from a red one by a number of triangles used as a separate line. Red and white colours are not equal: red colour comprises 67,5% of the flag, white part is 32,5%.
The flag is alays used on the land and on the sea as a national insight.
The history of the flag
The national symol of the Kingdom was plain red before 1820 when the maritime degree was sighned. The white part appeared on the flagbecause it was nesessary to distinguish the national symbols from flags used by pirates.
The King Decree
In 2003 the King of Bahrain issued the law concerning the flag.
- According to the first article the flag has a rectangular shape devided into red and white sectors.
- The flag should be placed on the Ryal court, governental buildings, public establishments and buildings,
- The king has its own shape and the royal order should be issued to determine its shape size and colours,
- It is not allowed to place national flags on the vehicals with the exeption of protocol ones
- It is nor allowed to use the state flag for comercial purposes.
- In case of the violation of these rules the violated persone should be condemned to inprisonment for amonth or a fee.
Total area:694 km2
Formation:15. 8. 1971
Currency:bahraini dinar (BHD)